Are you looking for a delicious chili recipe?
Try this one!
My Favorite Chocolate Chili Recipe
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 30 min
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted, chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is melted, add onions, stir with a wooden spoon and cook until they’re translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and as soon as it’s fragrant, about 30 seconds, crumble the ground meat into the pan with your hands, mixing with the wooden spoon to combine. Continue to cook the meat, stirring often, until it’s no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, crush the oregano between your palms to release its flavor, then add the chili powder, cumin, cocoa, allspice, and salt. Combine with a fork, then add to the pot, stirring like you mean it.
- Add tomato paste and stir until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, beef broth, and water to the pot. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so the chili enjoys a gentle simmer. Simmer for at least 2 hours. Do not skimp on the simmer!
Ranchers Cut http://rancherscut.com/